Passport Capital, LLC is a San Francisco based, global investment firm founded by John H. Burbank III in 2000. Passport's investment process uses a combination of macroeconomic analyses to develop major themes and rigorous fundamental research on individual companies to create global portfolios.
Hedge Fund AnalystLocation: San Francisco
We are seeking a full time Analyst to join our investment team for a 2-3 year position. The role requires the tenacity and creativity to conduct research and develop opinions on under-followed and out-of-favor themes across the firm’s major investment sectors. The Analyst will be expected to work with the Consumer portfolio manager providing fundamental research, modeling and analytical support. Efforts will include company-specific, industry, macro-economic and thematic analysis.
Passport seeks candidates who are excited by fundamental research and are willing to put in the effort to learn our business. The ideal candidate is a hard working ‘athlete’ who is intellectually honest and hungry to learn. Strong modeling abilities and exceptional communication skills are required. An unusually high degree of individual initiative is imperative. Strong interest in consumer internet and tech is a plus. Candidates must demonstrate:
• Extraordinary work ethic.
• Willingness to look a data objectively and draw conclusions independent of preconceptions.
• Ability to recognize and admit when you are wrong or don’t know the answer.
• Attention to detail and comfort with numbers; provide accurate/trusted analytics
• Exceptional analytical skills and sound judgment.
• Must function well in a collaborative team oriented environment.
• Ability to build great depth of knowledge in an industry.
• Out-of-the-box thinking and willingness to challenge conventional wisdom.
• Ability to present well organized logic and data-based arguments.
Compensation is highly competitive with base salary and year-end bonus. Benefits include health, dental, 401K, and Paid Time Off.
Please send a write up of your best investment idea, along with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. When you respond, please type “Analyst” plus your first and last name in the SUBJECT line. Example: Analyst- Jane Black. No calls please.